This month, Martin & Co completed their first financial year as a PLC and the results show how successful the franchise has continued to be since it’s flotation in December and this success looks set to continue as the franchise expands further across the UK.
The results were good:
- Revenue was up 16% to £5.0m
- Operating profit up 28% to £1.8m
- Operating margin up from 33% to 36%
- Management Services Fees up 13% to £3.5m
- Strong balance sheet with a net cash position of £4.8m on 31st December 2013.
Everyone in the Martin & Co franchise team strives to make the business the best in the industry and the results after their first year as a PLC shows that their hard work is really paying off.
In addition to the fantastic results above, Martin & Co also revealed strong operational progress:
- Successful IPO
- Over 30,600 properties under management
- 79% of our network converted to Jupix
- 97 offices offering an estate agency service
- Five Regional Franchise Managers in post, providing more intensive franchisee support.
The Martin & Co franchise team are constantly improving their systems and support to provide their franchise owners with the best support possible. In order for the network to work as a whole and achieve these results each year, individual franchise owners must also succeed which is why Martin & Co provide them with training and support, not just during their launch but throughout the term of their franchise agreements.
“We’ve been extremely pleased with these results. Being a PLC company is a trademark of quality in business and also gives us credibility in our industry. The title builds trust and credibility with our investors and franchise owners. We’re constantly looking for ways to improve and expand our business to give our franchise owners the best support possible and to give their businesses the kick-start they need,” explains Ian Wilson, Chief Executive at Martin & Co.
This press release has created wide spread coverage on franchise related websites and social media. It will also be included in upcoming print publications. To find out how Coconut Creatives can help you generate great PR why not contact us