Being your own boss has never been more popular – the number of people running their own business has risen by 367,000 since the start of the economic downturn in 2008.[i] For those people looking to be their own boss, yet enjoy the support of a well-known brand and support network, buying a franchise in a fast-expanding industry like business coaching is a tempting proposition.
ActionCOACH is the world’s leading business coaching firm and their coaches use their training, experience and skills to motivate other business owners and help them achieve success.
But who motivates the coaches? Who can they turn to for guidance and inspiration?
ActionCOACH see this issue as extremely important and so their franchise partners benefit from having access to a wide range of inspirational speakers. ActionCOACH regularly invites its franchise partners to events where they can hear success stories from high-powered entrepreneurs or take part in workshops with experts in everything from improving information retention to change management.
Already, in February, the ActionCOACH conference held in Portugal welcomed not only ActionCOACH Founder and Chairman Brad Sugars but also Sir Clive Woodward. Sir Clive is one of the most successful British sports coaches of recent times leading the England Rugby team to World Cup Victory in 2003 and playing a key role in delivering the most successful British performance in an Olympic Games as the Director of Elite Performance for the British Olympic Association for the 2012 Games. His talk on “Creating Champions” transfers his experience in the sporting arena to the world of business to help business owners reach their potential.
ActionCOACH has an exciting programme of speakers lined up for Spring and Summer 2013. Action Coaches are also encouraged to invite their coaching clients to take advantage of learning from inspiring speakers including:
- The UK’s leading speed reading trainer Alex Garcez, who explains how to quickly absorb and retain information
- Michelle Clarke, the UK’s leading expert on Talent Dynamics Pathway,
- Andy Hemming, of ActionCOACH, sharing his insights on keeping an ActionCOACH franchise simple and profitable and how to build a team of coaches in the West Midlands
- The fascinating story of William Kendal, founder of The New Covent Garden Soup Company, speaking about the trials and successes of growing his business before selling up to buy Green & Black’s, which he and his colleagues then sold to Cadbury’s in 2005
- Damian Hughes lecturing on change management, he has written books including: “How to Change Absolutely Anything”, “Liquid Leadership”, “Liquid Thinking”, “Change Inspiration” and “The Survival Guide to Change”
- Adrian Webster will offer his expertise during a workshop on team building and customer service. He is also well-published, having written “Polar Bear Pirates and Their Quest to Reach Fat City” and “Polar Bear Pirates and Their Quest to Engage Sleep Walkers”.
[i] Office Of National Statistics, Part of Self-employed Workers in the UK, February 2013 Release. February 6 2013. http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/lmac/self-employed-workers-in-the-uk/february-2013/sty-self-employed-workers.html