With this early cold weather thrusting us into the depths of winter and causing general mayhem with our transport system, here is a fresh idea for a healthy hot chocolate style winter warmer.
Creamy Hot Coconut & Carob Drink
• Coconut milk, enough for two people (if it’s too thick add a bit of water to thin it out)
• 2 tablespoons of carob powder (or cacao powder)
• Water, to dissolve the carob powder
• A pinch of sea salt
• Maple syrup, sweeten to taste
• A pinch of cinnamon, to serve
1. Mix the water and carob till it becomes a smooth paste. Add the coconut milk, sea salt and stir to combine.
2. Heat the carob-coconut liquid in a small saucepan half-filled until your drink is frothy and hot.
3. Pour the hot drink into cups and sweeten with maple syrup and a pinch of cinnamon.