Kids Academy is a childcare day nursery and preschool education franchise. It was established 10 years ago by an experienced management team, dedicated to providing high quality child care for children aged six weeks to five years.
Since their franchise launch in 2013, Kids Academy gained a large initial bank of enquiries for the nursery franchise model. They felt that although they had already recruited some new franchisees from their database and initial marketing activities, there must be something else they could do with their vast database to re-engage dead leads that had supposedly lost interest. Instead of launching a costly campaign or trying to generate yet more new leads, they wanted a simple and cost-effective solution which is when they found Coconut Creatives.
Kids Academy started working with Coconut Creatives in January 2014 on a short 3 month project. We suggested that we develop a 3-month plan to re-engage this large database using a new approach and new messages all targeted around 3 events. The campaign was hugely successful and the new communication methods were very effective in achieving a response from what they feared was old cold data.
- To run three seminars and invite prospects already on the database
- Minimum of 10 decision makers per event
- Minimum of 2x HQ meetings per event
- Minimum of 1x sign up per event
- All three seminars ran successfully
- 111 bookings/62 attendees = 56% turn up rate (above industry averages)
- 68 decision makers/ 41 attended = 60% turn up rate
- 9 postcards returned to book a HQ meeting = 22% of decision makers
- 6 one-to-one meetings to date with others still pending
- Sign-ups – (pending at time of writing April 2014)
Lucy Maisey account director for the Kids Academy project says “By focusing all efforts and communications with prospects on the 3 events, we were able to use our specialist methodology in copywriting to engage the database and generate a really high re-enquiry rate. The events not only targeted those interested in the Kids Academy franchise specifically but also those interested in starting a stand-alone nursery. Through the events we were able to highlight the pros and cons of each route and bring out the value that the franchise held. Kids Academy was an absolute delight to work with and took on-board everything we suggested. The campaign ran to schedule and thus got great results.”